General website bugs, errors and suggestions for improvement

Re: General website bugs, errors and suggestions for improvement

Posted 22 Aug 2022, 9:42:11

Sure? The bug fix went online last week.

Sorry, a different fix went online. This one is still on the TODO list.

Posted 22 Aug 2022, 10:22:37

No problem, I'll wait then. Thx anyway man!

Posted 25 Aug 2022, 17:19:27

Not sure if this is a bug or already known issue-

On the page for reports that I've submitted, the far right status column shows “Successful” or “Declined.”

I've noticed that even the items that say “Declined” are actually successful when viewing the date/setlist.

To piggyback on that, could shows that are found to be fake, or cancelled be earmarked so that they cannot be entered erroneously again by other users who may not realize they didn't happen?

Posted 25 Aug 2022, 20:25:50

I've noticed that even the items that say “Declined” are actually successful when viewing the date/setlist.

It means that your report was applied separately (outside the report tool) before the report was reviewed by a moderator. Hence, when the report was eventually reviewed, it was “invalid” and automatically declined.

Posted 26 Aug 2022, 5:49:21

It means that your report was applied separately (outside the report tool) before the report was reviewed by a moderator. Hence, when the report was eventually reviewed, it was “invalid” and automatically declined.

That's correct. It could also mean that a different user reported the same issue before and that one got accepted before yours did. “Declined” might not be the best choice of words,for this TBH.

To piggyback on that, could shows that are found to be fake, or cancelled be earmarked so that they cannot be entered erroneously again by other users who may not realize they didn't happen?

Cancelled shows are earmarked and show a warning when you try to add them again (in the old edit form, will be added to the new edit form very soon too).

Posted 26 Aug 2022, 13:02:19

Michi and Leglessmoof, thank you for your replies and explanations.

Here are a few want list items also:

A) Ability to enter multiple artists on the same date at the same venue- if I have band 1A as headliner and band 1B as support/opener, it would really cut down time to be able to add them together on the same venue/date. This would be especially helpful with festivals with multiple bands.

B) Ability to enter multiple shows on same day by same band on one entry form. This would be especially helpful on the older 60s-80s country artists that I enter a lot of. They often played multiple shows on same date/same location (5pm and 9pm for example)

I'm just tossing out things that would cut down on the time it takes to enter and ways to reduce clicks to enter information.

I'm sure it's probably been discussed, but thought out my support for these ideas or some versions thereof.

Thank you for all you do!

Posted 2 Sep 2022, 0:27:26

Anything currently in the works regarding a tour legs / sub-tour feature? I know it's been talked about quite a bit.

Posted 2 Sep 2022, 6:19:28

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Tour legs aren't currently in the works but on the (long) list of issues/features.

Posted 5 Sep 2022, 22:14:27

When there's a longer note at the end of a setlist, there's a certain part that can't be marked for copying because the background picture is for some reason hiding the text.

For example, at this setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-unguided/2015/ljungaparken-ljungaverk-sweden-63f6fa67.html

When I mark the whole note from the beginning onwards, I can only mark until the first “e” in “Thorpenberg”. This is also noticable in the way the mouse cursor changes from the text pointer to the standard pointer at that spot.

Last edited 5 Sep 2022, 22:15:00

Posted 6 Sep 2022, 6:00:55

When there's a longer note at the end of a setlist, there's a certain part that can't be marked for copying because the background picture is for some reason hiding the text.

You can select the whole line by either moving the cursor slightly down or by pressing Shift+End on your keyboard.

Posted 9 Sep 2022, 16:32:27

Suggestion for tour guidelines:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/idles/2021/kexp-studios-seattle-wa-b8add1e.html

This is an example of a show that fell under the “tour” “Performance for Media Broadcast” for awhile. That “tour” was used to cover every set played by the band that wasn't performed for an audience (at least, under an official tour) but was recorded for streaming / broadcast. I don't know who came up with it, but it was super useful to be able to keep track of those performances and easily find recordings of the band playing specific songs. They're kind of impossible to search for without a tour categorization, unless you know the venue name you're looking for – they usually don't fall under an actual tour. Sometimes “[album] Promo” is used, but that's a bit messier since you need one for each album cycle and it's often unclear how many of those performances are actually going to happen (and therefore, whether it merits a tour name or not). Not to mention that that convention isn't in the guidelines either, which leads to awkward situations.

Could this type of “tour” be officially sanctioned in the guidelines? Perhaps with [brackets] to clarify that it's not an actual tour, but simply a categorization to allow for easy searching of a band's radio/streaming performances (in the absence of an official tour)? Sorry if it's been discussed already – couldn't find anything searching the forums.

Posted 11 Sep 2022, 6:12:47

I really need these Tom Russell's request done in order to finish it up tomorrow. There are too many songs that i found out about that remain in the way.

Posted 12 Sep 2022, 10:30:32

The “add set times” in the body of an empty text does not have a clickable (touchable) hyperlink on my Android phone in Google Chrome. eg. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-dandy-warhols/2022/riverstage-brisbane-australia-3b0c5a3.html

Posted 12 Sep 2022, 10:34:23

Suggestion for tour guidelines

A similar discussion has been happening in the moderator forum. I personally quite like the “[album] Promo” tour usage, because it can group all TV/radio/awards show/etc performances for an album cycle. Perhaps a combination of features (and guidelines to back it) could work well.

Posted 12 Sep 2022, 17:07:45

I personally quite like the “[album] Promo” tour usage, because it can group all TV/radio/awards show/etc performances for an album cycle

Yes, I agree. I can understand why some users don't like it though – the tour sidebar gets quite cluttered, and it's especially annoying if the artists likes to name tours something different from the album name. I don't think there's any one solution that would thrill everybody short of a tour legs feature (or some other new, additional way of categorizing sets, like by album cycle).

I do think a clear decision needs to be made, though. The edit history of this setlist is just silly. 4 different roadies/moderators with conflicting opinions. (Including my own edit, since it was based on guidance from michi.)

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.